International Language School of Columbus understands the importance of providing a safe and secure environment for our international students. We only place students with warm, caring and loving host families. The host family supports the student's personal growth and social development and also teaches the student about American culture. Every host family has to pass a criminal background check. The home should be located within reasonable distance from our partner school in order to provide easy transportation for the student.
NOTE: A monthly stipend if paid to the host family to offset expenses related to hosting the student.
HOST FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES- Provide a safe, secure, loving, and welcoming environment to the student
- Treat the student as a member of the family
- Involve student in activities, excursions, and household chores
- Provide transportation to and from school
- Provide high speed internet access
- Provide a private bedroom and access to a bathroom
- Provide three adequate meals per day
- Provide assistance with shopping, doctor visits, emergency care, etc.
- Attend school and ILSC meetings/events as required
- Support the student's academic and other school needs
- Provide ILSC access to the student as often as required and necessary
Host Family Application Download